There are many alternatives to driving alone in a car. You can walk, ride your bike, carpool, vanpool, use public transit, or maybe even telecommute for your work. There are also many benefits to choosing an alternative mode.
- Saves time – many alternatives to driving alone can actually save you time.
- Saves money – reduces household transportation expenses.
- Saves wear and tear – less maintenance on your vehicle.
- Improves health – walking and biking are good exercise.
- Reduces stress – you don’t have to worry about the drive.
- Reduces traffic congestion.
- Helps the environment – reduces carbon dioxide and congestion, and helps
conserve natural resources.
- Win Prizes – programs that make you eligible for prizes and recognition.